China East Urban
October 29 - November 11
Many hospitals in major cities are now equipped with modern medical equipment. However, as in Canada, Mental Health often comes with a stigma in society, even within the healthcare profession. The Urban Mental Health Team seeks to address these needs by serving in and around Xiamen (eastern China), Changchun (northeastern China) and Kunming (southwestern China). We engage with hospitals through seminars and workshops, but also demonstrate our practical love, by providing dental services to the neglected patient population. The Pediatrics team similarly engage in teaching activities in Xiamen, Yangzhou, and other cities. In the past we have contributed to the building and funding of oncology wards and medications for those who cannot afford them. Our trips have been marked with joy and a desire to respond to God’s call.
The China East Urban Team has provided a broad range of medical training opportunities in the past such as Psychiatry and Mental Health conferences, Pediatric Medicine conferences, Child & Youth Mental Health workshops, Certifications in Basic Life Support and Neonatal Advanced Life Support, and ESL Classes.
Accordingly, the Urban Team is currently welcoming applicants with the following qualifications:
- paediatricians, Pediatric sub-specialists, nurse instructors and nurses
- other specialty physicians interested in exploring potential teaching opportunities
- mental-health workers, especially psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists and counsellors with interest/expertise in community out-patient psychiatric healthcare
- interpreters/translators fluent in Mandarin
- dentists and dental hygienists
FOR MORE INFORMATION